Halloween Icing Cookies.
You can have Halloween Icing Cookies using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Halloween Icing Cookies
- You need of For the cookie dough (plain):.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Egg yolk.
- Prepare of For the icing:.
- You need of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Egg white.
- It’s of Small amount Lemon juice.
- It’s of Cocoa powder.
- It’s of Red food coloring.
- You need of ※ For the kabocha squash dough:.
- It’s of Replace the 200 grams of cake flour with 180 grams cake flour and 20 grams Pumkin/kabocha powder.
- Prepare of ※ Cocoa dough:.
- You need of Replace the 200 grams of cake flour with 180 grams cake flour and 20 grams cocoa powder.
Halloween Icing Cookies step by step
- To make the cookies: Bring the butter to room temperature. Sift the dry ingredients. Put the butter in a bowl and whisk until it reaches a cream-like consistency..
- Add the sugar and whip until the batter becomes light and fluffy..
- Add the egg yolk and mix. Add the dry ingredients, then stir the mixture together with a rubber spatula..
- When the dough comes together, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes..
- Roll out the dough to a 3-4 mm thickness, cut out the shapes with cookie cutters of your choice, and bake in an oven for about 15 minutes at 340°F/170°C..
- To make the icing: In a bowl, mix the sugar, egg white and lemon juice until the icing turns glossy..
- The icing should be runny enough to drip off the end of a spoon like the consistency of slightly thick soft serve ice cream..
- Pipe the icing on the cookies with a cake decorating bag. Allow ample time for it to dry..
- To make the cocoa icing, dissolve cocoa powder in an equal amount of water and mix with the white icing. To make pink icing, add a small drop of red food coloring to the white icing..