Courgette Ribbon And Baby Broccoli Salad. This simple courgette and broccoli salad is packed with crunch and flavour. Use large courgettes which are easier to ribbon peel. For a great salad option that's packed with flavour and a whole lot of crunch, give this delicious courgette recipe a go this week.
Serve alongside a juicy steak or grilled fish, perhaps as an addition to a tapas. Ribbons of courgette make your salad look beautiful and taste amazing. Using a vegetable peeler, peel down the length of a courgette to make ribbons. You can cook Courgette Ribbon And Baby Broccoli Salad using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Courgette Ribbon And Baby Broccoli Salad
- You need 4 of Courgettes.
- Prepare 6 of Baby broccoli stalks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Almond slivers.
- Prepare 100 ml of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
Try this Broccoli Orecchiette, Zucchini & Bocconcini Salad, Prosciutto & Melon Salad recipe by Chef Jamie Oliver. Speed-peel the zucchinis into ribbons over this dressing. Drain the tub of baby mozzarella, then tip over the zucchinis and take to the table to toss and dress at the last minute. Courgettes originated in Italy and were popular in the Mediterranean region hundreds of years before they became popular in the rest of the western world.
Courgette Ribbon And Baby Broccoli Salad step by step
- Using a peeler- peel the courgettes lengthways into long ribbons..
- Steam the broccoli and courgette ribbons for 5 minutes.
- Plunge the steamed veg into an ice bath (bowl with water and ice) to keep that beautiful green colour.
- Toast the nuts in a dry frying pan until they start to colour and a smell is released. WATCH THIS STEP- DO NOT BURN.
- Toss the courgette ribbons and baby broccoli into a clean bowl and coat with the olive oil and the juice of the lemon with lots of salt and pepper..
- Arrange on a flat large plate tastefully and sprinkle nuts over for finishing touch.
Courgettes and scallopini are very versatile and easy to prepare. Trim the stalk end off, slice and eat raw or cooked. There is no need to peel them. This courgette salad makes a fantastic side dish. Serve alongside a juicy steak or grilled fish, perhaps as an addition to a tapas style meal.