Matcha Swiss Roll with Azuki Cream.
You can have Matcha Swiss Roll with Azuki Cream using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha Swiss Roll with Azuki Cream
- It’s of Cake.
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 80 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 30 grams of oil.
- It’s 40 grams of cake flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of matcha (green tea) powder.
- You need of Azuki (Red Bean) Filling.
- It’s 100 grams of red beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 100 ml of whipping cream.
Matcha Swiss Roll with Azuki Cream step by step
- Wash and soak your red beans overnight. On the next day, cook your red beans in a large pot of water until soft. Mash them with a fork until they resemble a paste then stir in sugar. Cook over medium heat to dissolve the sugar while stirring continuously. When done, set aside..
- Preheat oven to 170degreesC. Line your baking tray with parchment paper..
- Using a stand mixer with a balloon whisk attached, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in 40g of sugar gradually then whisk until stiff peaks form. (Do this concurrently with steps 3 and 4).
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and remaining 40g of sugar until pale and creamy. Stir in oil..
- Combine cake flour and matcha powder. Sift the mixture 2-3 times before adding it to the egg yolks mixture. Mix well..
- Carefully fold in the egg whites, 1/3 at a time, into the egg yolks mixture. Bang the bowl 2-3 times against the worktop to remove big air bubbles..
- Slowly pour batter onto ur baking tray and spread it evenly. Bang the tray against the worktop 1 more time..
- Bake for 15mins. While baking, beat whipping cream until stiff. Stir in the red bean paste until well-incorporated. Chill in the fridge for later use..
- When cake is done, remove and let cool. Place another parchment paper on top of the cake and flip it over. Peel off the parchment paper sticking to the cake then flip it over again..
- Spread your red bean cream, avoid putting too much at the sides and top 1/4 of the cake because the cream will be pushed out eventually..
- Starting rolling the cake from the bottom, tightening the roll as much as u can along the way. When done, wrap with the parchment paper and a clingfilm. Twist the sides to secure then chill in the fridge overnight to allow the cake to set..
- When ready to serve, slice them into thickness of about 2cm and dust with icing sugar (optional)..