Hearty Lentil Soup. For a meal that is healthy yet delicious, filled with nutrients and affordable, this lentil soup is sure to become a new weeknight dinner staple in your home. You can with this hearty lentil and butternut soup. For this soup, I start by sauteing the vegetables in a little olive oil, just until they start to become a little tender and the onions and celery begin to take.
I am a sucker for a hearty, veggie-loaded vegan meal. This soup is total detox in a bowl. Like it's impossible to get sick if you're eating it. You can cook Hearty Lentil Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Lentil Soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic.
- You need 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery.
- You need 2 cups of carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of lentils.
- It’s 3 cups of sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 cups of kale.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chicken bouillon (or vegetable stock).
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of pepper.
- Prepare To taste of coconut oil.
Chock full of veggies, fiberful lentils and chunks of taters, this truly is one hearty bowl of heaven. Serve this zesty veggie-packed soup with thin slices of sharp Cheddar cheese and pumpernickel bread to soak up the delicious broth. Hearty Lentil Soup: This absurdly cold winter season, there is only one way to maintain your sanity: soup. It keeps you warm from the inside.
Hearty Lentil Soup instructions
- Add garlic, shallot, carrots and celery to coconut oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes.
- When everything is nice and brown add water and condiments, bring to BOIL.
- When everything is boiling add the lentils.
- When everything is soft, add the kale.
- Serve with rice.
It's filling and comforting and an all-around delight. This robust stew-like soup makes a wonderful dinner served with potato latkes and applesauce on the side. Stir in bay leaf, chicken stock, and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil. Vegetarian, vegan, french lentil soup, gluten free lentil soup This is The Organic Kitchen's "Hearty Lentil Soup".