You can cook Christmas Sprouts! using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas Sprouts!
- Prepare 1 bunch of Peeled and washed sprouts.
- Prepare 30 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chestnut puree.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Allspice.
- It’s 4 of Cardamom pods.
- It’s 1 dash of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 dozen of Smoked bacon lardons.
Christmas Sprouts! instructions
- Cut the sprouts in half, blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and place in roasting dish. Add the cardamom pods and the bacon lardons to the dish..
- In a small pan, melt the butter, add the allspice, a bit of the olive oil and chestnut puree stirring so as not to burn the butter. Turn off the heat and set aside. This is a basic chestnut butter (see photo) which can be used in a variety of ways..
- Add the sauce to the sprouts and toss together. Pour the remaining olive oil over the top and roast in the oven for 20 mins..