Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest. An easy, good-for-you soup that will warm you up on a cold day. Serve with freshly baked bread for a filling supper or lunch. Sarah Cook runs through an easy to follow recipe for a tasty carrot and coriander soup.
Coriander is the British word for cilantro I think the previous reviewer has confused this with the 'Carrot and Coriander Soup' recipe. Carrot and coriander soup is a classic soup for a reason. This version picks up a little spice from the jalapeños and draws out the sweetness from the carrots by roasting them first. You can have Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest using 1 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp grated ginger, 450g carrots-peeled & chopped, 1/4th cup double cream, handful coriander (3 sprigs), 1/4th tsp ground pepper, 1 cup stock/hot water.
Carrot and coriander is a favourite flavour combination of ours and they make a delicious soup together. It's easy to change up the spices too, to adjust the flavour. Carrot and coriander soup is a lovely light, classic soup, but I need something a little more warming today so I have spiced it up a little. I have added some cumin, and a hint of smoked paprika to perk.
Coriander carrot soup #soupcontest instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large pan, add grated ginger, then fry for 2 mins until softened..
- Stir in 1 tsp freshly ground coriander and cook for 1 min..
- Add chopped carrots, then And 1.2l vegetable stock or hot water, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat..
- Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender..
- Add ground pepper, salt and double cream. Cook for 2 mins..
- Tip into a food processor with a handful of coriander then blitz until smooth..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Ritz crackers..
Find deliciously easy recipes for homemade carrot soup with fresh coriander that'll rival any supermarket variety! This is a lovely soup to make with spring carrots that are not quite as sweet as those in the summer. Coriander is said to have the flavour of roasted orange peel, which. Carrot and coriander soup – the classic vegetable soup with carrots and fresh and dried coriander; quick and easy to make, delicious and very healthy. This Carrot Soup is the way to go, if you think days are getting busier and you need something wholesome that can be prepared easy and quickly!