Uncle Kev's 'Massive Man' Massaman Curry. Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot. It is ideal for people who want to try the authentic Asian flavor, yet do not wish to bear. Authentic Massaman Curry Recipe #MassamanCurry #ThaiCurry #Curry How To Make Authentic Massaman Curry.
Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cumin, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace (spices that are not frequently used in Thai curries). Massaman Curry is a bit of an outlier in Thai cuisine. It was born from Indian and Malay influences and as a result, the main flavours comes from spices typically associated with Indian curries. You can cook Uncle Kev's 'Massive Man' Massaman Curry using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Uncle Kev's 'Massive Man' Massaman Curry
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need of Fresh ginger, grated.
- You need 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 (1 head) of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- You need Handful of green beans.
- Prepare 1 of chopped carrot.
- Prepare of Massaman curry paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 of ground cardamom pod.
- Prepare 1 of ground star anise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of veg stock.
- It’s 1 block of firm tofu, chopped into small cubes.
- You need of Fresh lime juice.
- You need of Chopped corriander.
Spices such as: cumin, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom. Basically, if you take Indian curry. Optional protein suggestions for vegans, pescatarians, and It's made without store-bought Massaman curry paste, which can be difficult to find, utilizing red curry paste instead! It uses ingredients you likely have on.
Uncle Kev's 'Massive Man' Massaman Curry step by step
- Heat coconut oil and fry chopped onion. After 2- 3 minutes add grated ginger and garlic. Fry until aromatic..
- Stir in the rest of the veggies (carrot, cauliflower, green beans and red pepper). Fry until soft..
- Add Massaman curry paste and all the spices (cayenne pepper, star anise, cloves, cinnamon). Fry for a couple of minutes to soften the paste and roast the spices..
- Mix in peanut butter, coconut sugar, soy sauce, veg stock, cubed tofu and coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes covered to soften the veggies. Finally, remove cover and cook for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce..
- Serve with noodles or rice. Season with chopped coriander and lime juice..
Massaman curry is a unique curry from Thailand that is not so spicy. This article shows you how to prepare it with the ready-made Massaman curry Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot. It is is a rich curry of Persian origin which has been wonderfully assimilated into the. Massaman curry chicken recipe from Hot Thai Kitchen. * When working with curry paste, each brand has a different level of saltiness, so it's difficult to determine an exact measurement of fish sauce. Thick and creamy homemade massaman curry.