Christmas Plum Pudding.
You can have Christmas Plum Pudding using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Plum Pudding
- It’s 1 cup of ground suet.
- It’s 3/4 cup of peeled minced apples.
- You need 3/4 cup of fine bread crumbs.
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mace.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped red candied cherries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped candied green cherries.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 cup of currants.
- You need 1 cup of brown suger.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brandy.
- You need 1/4 cup of rum.
- You need 4 each of beaten eggs.
Christmas Plum Pudding instructions
- Mix all ingredients except eggs, brandy and rum until well blended, use hands if necessary.
- Stir in eggs, brandy and rum.
- Lightly grease pudding mold. Depending on your size choice use more than one..
- Fill mold to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Cover tops with a piece of grease tin foil and clean cloth on top of that.
- Tie coverings with string tightly and leave string for removal from pot later.
- Place on rack in large enough pot to hold molds. Fill with boiling water until water level is 2/3 up side on mold.
- Boil gently for 3 – 3 1/2 hours. Add water if needed..
- Turn off heat, let water cool until you can safely remove using string of mold.
- Cool completely, loosen and remove from molds. Wrap in cheesecloth. Moisten cheesecloth with rum or brandy and wrap tightly in tin foil..
- Store in cool place til Christmas. Check every few days to ensure cheesecloth stays moist not wet. Reseal foil ater each check..
- To serve, reheat unmolded pudding either by steaming in original mold or wrapping in tin foil and heating in oven at approximately 325°F. If steaming ensure to cover the mold tightly avoiding moisture getting in pudding..
- Once heated invert on serving platter. If desired flambe with brandy. Serve with whipped cream or sauce of your choice. We prefer rum butter sauce..
- Spice measurements may be modified to your taste..
- Raisons and currants can be soaked for up to an hour in rum or brandy for more flavor..