Easy (Boiled) Christmas Fruit Cake # Christmas baking contest#. This moist, tender, boozy fruit cake from Andrew Zimmern gets its amazing texture from boiling the dried fruit with rum, molasses, cream and spices. This easy and forgiving recipe is inspired by a boiled fruit cake Andrew Zimmern tasted when visiting Newfoundland. The British Fruit Cake is traditionally served during the Christmas season.
These Christmas fruitcake recipes will have you thinking about holiday desserts in a whole new light. Forget everything you thought you felt about fruitcake. These twists on the Christmas classic will have you going in for seconds, and wanting to bake it more than once a year. You can have Easy (Boiled) Christmas Fruit Cake # Christmas baking contest# using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy (Boiled) Christmas Fruit Cake # Christmas baking contest#
- Prepare 1.5 Cups of APF/ Self raising flour.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Butter/ Margarine.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Raisins/Blackcurrants (or half of each).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 Cup of Tutti frutti.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cake spice (nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon).
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cashewnuts.
Capture the flavour of Christmas with our traditional boiled fruit cake recipe – loaded with nuts, fruits, spices and cheeky splash of sherry. A boiled fruit cake does not contain alcohol; yet is moist. It does not need weeks to age, just a day or two would do wonders. Share this easy fruit cake with your loved ones this Christmas.
Easy (Boiled) Christmas Fruit Cake # Christmas baking contest# step by step
- In a pot, add in water, raisins. tutti frutti, sugar and butter and mix well..
- Add in your cake spice with salt and let it boil/simmer for 5 mins only.
- Let it cool to luke warm. The add in your eggs and essence – mix well..
- Fold in your flour. Then add in your chopped nuts..
- Pour in your lined/greased tin and bake in a preheated oven for 40 – 50 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Cool completely and serve!.
Today when I made this fantastic cake again I made some changes and the. If you're after an easy Christmas cake recipe, you can't go wrong with this boil and bake version. But before you start baking here's everything you need to know about making your Christmas. Easy fruit cake – fruity, boozy and ready for Christmas! Your fruit cake should have been baked by now and you should be feeding it with brandy every week !