Jerk chicken soup. When I saw Rachael Ray making Jerk Chicken Soup on her daytime tv show, I knew that was "what's for dinner tonight.". You see, Kevin and I have a soft spot for anything "jerk.". That's usually the question I get when I talk about this recipe.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Keywords: Jamaican jerk chicken soup, Crock Pot Chicken Soup, Spicy Chicken Soup, Crock Pot Jamaican Chicken Soup. You can have Jerk chicken soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jerk chicken soup
- It’s 5 of small boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 of small sweet potato.
- Prepare 3/4 of a yellow onion.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 of a green pepper.
- Prepare Spoonful of minced garlic.
- It’s of Jamacian jerk seasoning.
- It’s of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk (unsweetened).
- It’s Can of red kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 8.5 oz of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bullion cube.
View top rated Soup chicken jerk recipes with ratings and reviews. Jerk Chicken and Pasta is a passionately spicy Jamaican-style dish that when tempered correctly I fell in love with Jerk Chicken pasta when I was in the Carribbean last July and came home and. This jerk chicken recipe is from Paul Chung, who grew up in Jamaica and sampled jerk For best results, let the chicken marinate overnight, so the seasoning has time to thoroughly penetrate the meat. The term "jerk" is thought to be from the Spanish word for dried meat, charqui.
Jerk chicken soup instructions
- Put 6 cups of chicken broth, 8 cups of water, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, bullion cube, 1/2 tsp black pepper & 3-5 shakes of jerk seasoning into pot, let boil..
- While your waiting for broth to boil, rinse off chicken & pat dry. Sprinkle garlic salt & a generous amount of jerk seasoning onto chicken. Flip over & repeat..
- Once mixture is boiling (med high ish) add chicken, beans & corn. Partially cover & let cook 20 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, drizzle olive oil onto pan & put on medium heat. Dice onion & green pepper add to pan. Spoon garlic into mixture. Peel & dice sweet potato, add to pan stirring occasionally..
- Once 20 minutes is up, add vegetable mixture and remove chicken onto cutting board..
- Shred chicken & add back to pot. Add a few more shakes of jerk seasoning to pot. Let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, partially covered..
Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice. Some historians believe it was originally developed by Maroons. Jerk Chicken is believed to have been conceived when the Maroons introduced African meat cooking techniques to Jamaica which were combined with native Jamaican ingredients and. Caribbean jerk chicken full of flavor and and a good amount of heat, using habaneros (or scotch bonnet chili peppers) and allspice. Make jerk chicken in oven or grill.