Christmas cake. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries. Christmas cake is an English tradition that began as plum porridge. Bake this festive fruit cake in advance of Christmas and feed it regularly with rum, brandy or whisky to build the flavour Try a modern twist on a traditional Christmas cake with this salted caramel version.
This Christmas cake decorating playlist includes all my Christmas ideas and video tutorials, old and new. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake. · Christmas cake with a difference. I've embraced the cut out technique using an actual gingerbread man cutter. You can have Christmas cake using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas cake
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 225 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of golden syrup.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 450 grams of plane flour.
- You need 225 grams of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1150 kg of mixed fruit.
- You need 3 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla escence.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond escence.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon escence.
Feel free to use one large gingerbread man or, depending on the size of your cake, a mix. We've put together our best Christmas cake recipes of all time. We've made lots of Christmas cake recipes over the years. From chocolate and cherry to gin and tea – here are our favourites.
Christmas cake step by step
- boil milk then pour over butterand leave to cool.Add golden syrup and bakling soda.Put all dy ingrediants in bowl.Add fruit mix,milk mixture,3 escences and beaten eggs, mix all together. Grease a large cake tin and line with baking paper. Bake at a 150 degress for 2an a half to 3 hors.
- boil milk then pour over butterand leave to cool.Add golden syrup and bakling soda.Put all dy ingrediants in bowl.Add fruit mix,milk mixture,3 escences and beaten eggs, mix all together. Grease a large cake tin and line with baking.
- bake at 150°F for 2 to 3 hours.
Try our traditional boozy fruit cakes along with alternative ideas to serve over the festive season – impressive white snowball cake, boozy rum and raisin bundt cake. Find christmas cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. To make a Christmas cake, start by chopping almonds. Then mix the almonds with dried fruit and brandy and let it sit overnight.