Granat Soup (African). This is a recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation. Now you too can eat a culturally rich and nutritious meal enjoyed by Africans. Peanut soup is an authentic African recipe that's very popular in West Africa, and especially in Ghana.
West African Peanut soup, Groundnut stew or Maafe. All these names refer to the same soup. The west African peanut soup has a wonderful combination of flavors, and it's loaded with a lot of protein. You can have Granat Soup (African) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granat Soup (African)
- Prepare 2 of CupsRice.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Cup of Peanut Butter.
- Prepare 4 of Onion.
- It’s 1 Cube of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of White Pepper.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Salt (for each rice and chicken pot).
- Prepare 1 of Tables spoon Butter (for rice).
Chicken Granat soup (African Peanut butter soup) with mashed potatoes and Spinach with Rice for lunch today at Em's. Easy African-inspired peanut soup (or stew). Made with garlic, chilis, peanut butter, tomato and spices; a unique healthy treat. Groundnut soup is my go-to African recipe to teach friends because it is soo easy to make.
Granat Soup (African) instructions
- Fry Onions till you get a beige color..
- Rice: in another pot boil the rice in a pot on the side (in a pot 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice + 1 Tablespoon Salts +one Tablespoon Butter.
- Chop Chicken to cubes and add them to the onion.
- Add salt, white pepper, tomato paste, chicken broth..
- Add the water till it covers the chicken and let it boil for 15-20 minutes till it’s well cooked.
- Finally add the peanut butter after 20 minutes and mix them together (stir till it gets thick).
- Add the Chilli pepper.
In Sierra Leone, we call it 'granat stew'. This is one of the first dishes all Sierra Leoneans learn to cook. This slow cooker African Peanut Soup (Granat Stew, groundnut stew, Senegalese Maafe) is so, so easy to make and tastes AMAZING!!!. It is the perfect comforting African Stew for Peanut Butter lovers. Popular west African dish traditionally served with fufu.