Plum cake merry christmas. How to make a delicious Whiskey Boiled Christmas Cake! Plum cake is loaded with a lot of dry fruits and nuts and it is flavored with orange juice. Do try this yummy plum cake for your loved ones on this special occasion and spread joy and do share your experience in the comment section.
This fruit cake recipe doesn't need you to soak the dry fruits in advance and it's alcohol-free so you can make the cake instantly just before you need it. Rum Soaked Cake New Years Dinner Party Sweet Recipes Cake Recipes Christmas Treats For Gifts Xmas Christmas Stuff Merry Christmas Plum Cake. Kerala Style Plum Cake – Christmas Cake! You can cook Plum cake merry christmas using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plum cake merry christmas
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried apricots chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of figs chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried ginger chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of candied orange peel chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Brandy.
- You need 380 gms of flour.
- It’s 225 gms of butter melted.
- It’s 1.5 tsps of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 300 gms of breakfast sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large egg.
- You need 150 gms of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of toasted walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of apricot jam.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of warm water.
Kerala Plum Cake – Christmas Cake – The Ultimate Winner. After a string of dry Christmas cakes, decided to try your recipe this year. Indulge yourself to a Holiday Treat, loaded with Fruits n Nuts soaked in Rum… an Old fashioned Christmas Fruit Cake aka Kerala Style Plum Cake…! Kerala Christmas Fruit Cake / Kerala Plum Cake.
Plum cake merry christmas step by step
- Stir together dried fruit, candied ginger, candied orange peel and brandy. Keep overnight..
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter two 9/5 inch loaf tins. Line them with butter paper. In a bowl mix dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, spices and salt. In a mixer beat butter and both the sugars until smooth. Mix eggs one at a time followed by molasses and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix till smooth. Add the fruit mixture and walnuts..
- Divide the batter between the two tins. Bake for 1 hour and 35 minutes or till the tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and brush the top with more liquor. Remove and place on a wired rack. Heat the jam and water till smooth and glaze the top of the warmed cake..
- Important tips You can boil the dried fruit and candied fruit, strain and use immediately if running low on time. Brandy can be substituted with any other dark rum or orange flavoured liqueur. Use the best quality dried fruits available. Unglazed cakes can be shrink-wrapped and stored for up to one month in the fridge..
Merry Christmas…i will be baking the cake today…is it possible to share the recipe in grams? Plum cake recipe, quick and easy the most delicious recipe. Celebrate this christmas by preparing homemade Plum cake. Learn how to prepare the traditional Christmas plum cakes with this step by step plum cake tutorial. Alcohol free plum cake recipe is also included.