Deep-fried Vegetables in Mild Broth.
You can have Deep-fried Vegetables in Mild Broth using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep-fried Vegetables in Mild Broth
- It’s 1/2 of onion (cut into 5~7mm round slices).
- It’s 2 of eggplants (cut off the tip, cut lengthwise into fourth or sixth : depends on the size).
- Prepare 2 of green bell peppers (cut into half, seed and cut into bite sized pieces).
- It’s 100-150 g of pumpkin (remove the seeds and pulp, slice 5~7mm).
- Prepare 1/2 pack of mushrooms (trim off the stems, tear into bite sized pieces).
- You need 1/2 of carrot (peel and cut into 5 mm rounds).
- Prepare 1-2 of koyadofu (freeze dried tofu )(soak in water for 2 mins, squeeze well, cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 2 Tbsp of cornstarch for coating koyadofu.
- You need Sauce: of (in advance, bring to a boil, turn off the heat, cool it down).
- You need *50 ml of soy sauce.
- You need *50 ml of mirin.
- It’s *2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare *250 ml of dashi (or 250 ml water ＋10 g bonito flakes in a tea bag).
- Prepare of vegetable oil for deep frying.
Deep-fried Vegetables in Mild Broth step by step
- Heat the oil to 170~180℃(340~350°F) in a pot for deep frying. Pat all vegetables dry with paper towels. Deep fry them without breading or batter for 1 to 2 minutes (depends on vegetables and the size of them). Immediately plunge into the sauce and soak..
- Dust the koyadofu with cornstarch, shake off excess, and deep fry until crisp, plunge into the sauce and soak..
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving plate and pour the sauce over..
- ※Don't deep fry too many vegetables at one time in a pot. It's better to have the half empty space in a pot..