Salted Pork for Korean-Style Bossam or Samgyeopsal. Great recipe for Salted Pork for Korean-Style Bossam or Samgyeopsal. Use this prepared pork for Bossam and Samgyeopsal. You can use it for different dishes too!
Yes, even more than Korean BBQ! Today, I will show you how to make this delicious dish at home. It's very easy to make if you nail down the broth measurements. You can have Salted Pork for Korean-Style Bossam or Samgyeopsal using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted Pork for Korean-Style Bossam or Samgyeopsal
- You need 500 grams of A block of pork belly.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek (green part).
The only other tricky part is finding a (Korean) mart that sells thick cuts of pork belly. If you can get your hands on it, you're in for a treat! Bossam – Korean Pork Belly Wrap. When I think of Bossam, I think of Kimjang because it was traditionally eaten around Kimjang (in the fall, Koreans make kimchi to last through winter) time when I was growing up.
Salted Pork for Korean-Style Bossam or Samgyeopsal step by step
- Clean the block of pork belly. Trim off any excess fat!.
- Slice the pork into 1-cm thick pieces against the fibres running in the meat..
- Sprinkle over evenly with salt. Use a ratio of 1% of salt to the whole weight..
- Put the pork and the green part of the Japanese leek into a plastic bag. Chill in the fridge for a whole day..
- You might not be able to see in the photo, but there is some moisture on the surface. It means the flavour inside the meat has concentrated..
- A new Korean-style barbecue! Take a look at this recipe, Samgyeopsal with Yuzu! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145395-fragrant-yuzu-samgyeopsal.
Dip a piece of cooked pork belly in the sesame oil sauce and wrap it in a lettuce leaf with a dollop of ssamjang and pa muchim (scallion salad) or simply sliced scallions. As is the case with bossam, saewujeot (새우젓), fermented salted shrimp, is always delicious with pork. First thing is first, you need prepare pork belly aka samgyeopsal. So, you could use pork shoulder, if pork belly is hard to find. Also you could use chicken if you don't do pork.